Thursday, April 07, 2011

geena's song by alessandra de rossi



go, the lights are low in here
i close my eyes and breathe
inside your arms i lie
and i cry

love, i don't know what am doin' wrong
just tell me what you mean
don't go, i've given everything

tell me everything's alright
don't tell me its not right
and ask me to let go
if loving you is all i know
don't leave me in the cold
without you its not better
without you nothing matters
nothing matters...

here i lie and i don't try
to hide the love and still
i die, it's something you don't feel

there's no use in walking out the door
it's something to fight for
but tomorrow i love you so much more...

tell me everything's alright
don't tell me its not right
and ask me to let go
if loving you is all i know
don't leave me in the cold
without you its not better
without you nothing matters
nothing matters...

***

and so it's another teleserye song.... funny how i find nice songs from teleseryes. although i knew from sometime ago that alessandra de rossi has been singing and recording songs, i have never heard this song yet. it caught my attention one night while watching "green rose," a remake of a koreanovela, with my mom. so, i searched for alessandra's songs and i wasn't surprised to find it in youtube.

i have listened to almost all of alessandra's songs on youtube, and i can say that she isn't a bad singer. she isn't that good either, but she can carry a tune. reminds me of when i first heard gwyneth paltrow sing with huey lewis in that duet from a movie they did. both ladies have their own style of singing, and each style is definitely all her own.

of all the songs of alessandra's on youtube, this particular song has promise. it may even be a hit if given a proper promotion. it has the formula of the typical broken hearted love songs that "pinoys" are very much fond of. and the "masa" would identify with this song more than her other songs. anyhow, i also like her version of christopher cross' "sailing." it has this kinda ethereal sound. and oh, the music video is also excellent! it matches the ethereal mood of the song.

kudos to alessandra de rossi for further exploring her artistic talents. hope to hear more songs from you.



No comments: